Special Request – We have a large crew of young engineers who love building forts. If you are doing yard clean up this spring and have logs or large “fort building” branches to dispose of, please consider leaving them in our forest.
Ms. Murakami is looking for (369 g or 1 kg) coffee tins with plastic lids for the music room. If you have any to donate, please drop off at music room. Thanks
Room Required: Do you have a cozy spare room in your house or townhouse? Are you willing to host one of our Missoula Children’s Theatre tour directors arriving on Sunday, April 29 and departing on Sunday, May 6, 2018? As a thank you for hosting a tour director, you will receive a Nesters gift card. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and are willing to be a host.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
Monday, March 12th
- Fun Swim – Ms. Jorgensen, Mrs. Borsoff, Mrs. Fanzega and Mrs. Smith
Tuesday, March 13th
- Choir – music room 12:05 pm
- Fun Swim – Mr. Georgy-Embree and Mrs. Hain
- Salmon release – Mr. Fieldhouse and Mrs. Smith
Wednesday, March 14th
- Communicating Student Learning/Report Card Day
- Open house 2:00 – 3:00 pm and 5:00 – 6:00 pm– Mr. Georgy-Embree and Mrs. Hain
- Purdy’s Chocolate orders pick up
Thursday, March 15th
Friday, March 16th
- Last day of classes before Spring Break
This year spring break is from
Monday, March 19th to
Monday, April 2nd
(Includes Easter Weekend)
School reopens on
Tuesday, April 3rd
EVENTS ON GOING:
Brackendale Elementary PAC is pleased to announce that the Missoula Children Theatre (MCT) will be back at our school from April 30, 2018- April 5, 2018.This year the production is called BEAUTY LOU AND THE COUNTRY BEAST which is a western spin on “Beauty and the Beast”. The Missoula Children’s Theatre touring productions are complete with costumes, scenery, props and makeup.
- Auditions for students in grade K-6 and will be held in the BRE gym at 3:15pm on Monday, April 30, 2018. There are approximately 50 roles to be filled.
- If your child is cast in the play, there is a $35 fee.
- Rehearsals – Cast members must be available after school April 30- May 4th
- Performances – 2pm and 6pm at the Eagle Eye Theatre on May 5, 2018
- Ticket sales – $8 for adults & $5 for children.
- Volunteers – concession sales, backstage, rehearsals – all are welcome Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or can volunteer.
- Hosting – Are you willing to provide a room for one of our Missoula Children’s Theatre tour directors from Sunday, April 29 through Sunday, May 6, 2018? As a thank you for hosting, you will receive a Nesters gift cardJ Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and are willing to be a host.
*Permission forms will be going home in April, 2018.
Dear School Community,
We are part of the Energy Diet Challenge that teaches us about sustainable energy use, ways to keep the environment clean and how to reduce our carbon footprint.
We will be hosting a re-gift swap after the break in April. This is a great way to reuse old items. In order to do this, we need families to donate items that are no longer needed that someone else may like (toys, books, clothes…). Please only send in items that are gently used for re-gifting.
We need all items in by Wednesday, April 4th. A donation box will be located in Mrs. Hain’s classroom. Please drop items there.
Another way you can help us in this challenge is by thinking about your carbon footprint and pledging a commitment to help reduce it.
You can do this by signing our pledge at this link: http://energydiet.canadiangeographic.ca/2018/main/pledge/7364.
Please check your email and click on the confirmation link in order for your name to be added to our list. Our goal is a minimum of 150 signatures.
Thank you for supporting our learning.
Mrs. Hain’s Grade 4/5 Class
Squamish / Whistler / Pemberton
English Kindergarten OR New Students:
Parents/Guardians must register at their home school, present original birth certificates to verify that children will be 5 years of age on or before December 31, 2018, provide CARE Card and confirmation of residence at time of registration. Registration forms for Brackendale are available at Brackendale Elementary School office or at the following link: 2018-2019 Student Registration Form complete