Sexual Health Workshop for Parents – Thursday, November 1, 2018
Brackendale Elementary School
Are You an “Askable” Adult?
Talking to kids about sexuality and reproduction can be difficult for caregivers. This interactive program from, Options for Sexual Health, takes participants through exercises to discover why they might feel uncomfortable talking about sex with their children, and provides strategies for caregivers on how to overcome these feelings. Participants will also look at how to begin discussions and how to share information with kids in a clear and understandable way. You will hear suggestions on:
- What kind of sexual health information is needed at various ages
- How to handle questions
- What kinds of words to use
- How to discuss feelings, emotions, and family values
- Exploring your own personal beliefs around sensitive topics
Monday, October 29th
Tuesday, October 30th
- Choir practice – 12:05 pm
Wednesday, October 31st
- Halloween Fun Day
Thursday, November 1st
- BRE PAC Askable Adult Presentation
Friday, November 2nd
- Professional Development Day – No school for students
EVENTS ON GOING:
Nesters Gift Cards Fundraiser is Back!!!!
Nesters is donating 10% of every gift card purchased through BES back to our school!! Buy a $100 gift card and put it towards your weekly grocery bill at Nesters and they give our school $10. Buy them as gifts or for yourself. You can purchase Nesters gift cards from Mrs. White at the front office or email Heather at email@example.com.