Brackendale Elementary is part of an amazing community! We see examples of connection with the greater community every day – here are just a few:
- A warm thank you to the BC Ambulance Service and particularly Brackendale parents Gillian Naish and Kim Rousseau for the recent visit by an ambulance and crew – the students were very excited to get to see how an ambulance works and to hear about your jobs.
- Amy Reid from Helping Hands was pleased to accept a cheque from Kai , Ruan and Miller for the money they raised with the Science Fair earlier this year. Helping Hands Society will put the funds toward furnishings and supplies for their new building.
- Ms. Mah and students Cam, Ruan, Miller and Gautam (Rohan was unable to attend) met with the manager of the Squamish Adventure Centre this week to present copies of their Wildfire Safety brochures and the infographics they created as part of their Wildfire Inquiry Project.
- The Cartoon Club, sponsored by Ms. Mah, produced a number of cartoon booklets to be given to the Squamish Hospital for children to read in their waiting room.
- Dorian created and sold original artwork in support of BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- The Grade 6 parents and students created and installed this year’s stepping stones.